YOUR PRIVACY IS OUR PRIORITY
CastleMoore Inc.is committed to safeguarding the personal information that you provide to us when you deal with us to manage your financial assets.
This policy describes how we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
CastleMoore is a Canadian investment organization. The organization provides financial asset management and financial planning to individual and institutional investors based in Canada and around the world.
CastleMoore does not sell any of our investors’ personal information.
What type of information do we collect?
When you invest with CastleMoore you trust us with your personal information. We use this information to manage your assets, respond to your requests and provide you with your desired services.
The non-public personal information we collect falls into the following three categories:
- Information we receive from clients from their completion of our Client Questionnaire and Know Your Client statements or custodial account applications. This information may include your name, address, social insurance number, occupation, financial situation, investment selection, account holdings, beneficiary designation, and your personal bank account number and registration.
- Information about your assets under management at CastleMoore—including your account history, transactions and any communication you have with us about your investments.
- Other general information about you such as your method of statement delivery or house-holding of family member assets into a single on-line account access.
On-line or digital information use
Your email address
We collect your email address on account-opening application forms and when you register for account access. We may use your email address to provide you with information about your account as well as financial planning services. If you no longer wish to receive these emails please respond to the e-mails asking to unsubscribe or contact us by phone or in writing.
In which circumstances might we share your information?
In order to service your accounts and provide you with a broad range of investment choices, we may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
CastleMoore Inc.is a Canadian based portfolio manager with a single head office in Mississauga, Ontario that works to provide asset management and financial planning for the benefit of our customer base. We may share all three categories of personal information among our team members (employees).
Outside of CastleMoore
We may provide your personal information to approved industry third party service providers that assist with technical or administrative functions for us. We may also provide your information to approved financial planning or other approved referring parties.
In these cases, the information shared is subject to both the laws of Canada, including laws with respect to disclosure of such information. CastleMoore policy requires protection of the confidentiality of your information and to use it only to provide the services we’ve asked them to perform or that you have authorized.
Below are examples of third parties to whom we may disclose all three types of personal information. While these examples don’t cover every situation permitted under the law, we hope they help you understand how your information may be shared. We may share personal information:
- With your financial planner or other referring party at your direction.
- When permitted or required by law. For example, we share your social insurance number with to custodians who will then provide it to the Canada Revenue Agency in order to file your tax reports. We may also share your personal information in response to a subpoena or other legal process.
- With companies that work for us to manage your accounts, process transactions, or provide services you’ve requested. For example, we may share your household portfolio values (read only access) with an outside financial planner that is tracking your asset values back to a financial plan or use the services of a third party to provide you a CastleMoore on-line portfolio account. In such cases, the laws of Canada would apply with respect to disclosure of such information.
Please call us at 1-877-289-5673 if you wish to withdraw consent to your personal information being collected, used and disclosed for any of the purposes listed above. However, in some circumstances, legal requirements may prevent you from withholding or withdrawing consent. Withdrawing consent may also result in us limiting the products and services we can provide to you.
Confidentiality and security
Our employees are required to follow procedures to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. This includes performing ongoing evaluations of our data systems and making changes when appropriate.
How can you manage your information?
We provide you with access to your account information through our secure website and your periodic statements. If you wish to update or change your account information, please call us at 1-877-289-5673
Chief Compliance Officer, CastleMoore Inc.
7145 W. Credit Ave., Bldg 3, Suite 200A, Mississauga, ON L5N 6J7